The Amazing Works of Forat Shot

OK! First I am gonna make your jaw drop and WOW you with some amazing works of Forat Shot. 

A picture tells a thousand words. Need I say more? Yes, I would love to introduce to you this young talented lad whom I befriended since 2015. 

Sultanahmet Istanbul


Below: The Tien Hou Kung Temple in Kuala Lumpur. Amazing night scene where Forat captured all its essence with beautiful lights lit up at night.



Forat is from Jordan and he has lived in Malaysia for more than 10 years! Yes! 10 years!!!! He first set foot in Malaysia when he was 19.
His work is just amazing and I am dedicating this blogpost to share with you some of his amazing works. He not only takes breathtaking photos of architecture around the world  but also of people in cosplay costumes. 


How I met Forat Shot.
Back in 2015, I met this talented young man named Forat Aladhame (ok I didn't know his full name then). He introduced himself as Forat Shot at Parkamaya where he was busy taking shots of those in Halloween costumes. I later invited him to join me the following week for CICAF where I had  My First Cosplay Experience (read all about it here)



Little did I know that Forat is a seasoned photographer and a permanent fixture at most  Cosplay events in Malaysia for more than 5 years. He started venturing into Cosplay Photography as early as 2012. 

A note from CP: Well you can see that he is pretty much "Malaysianized" or at least ter-influenced with part of our Malaysian Chinese Culture. He feels at ease among locals whom he calls his friends after making Malaysia his home for more than 10 years. 

Right now he is working at an IPTV International company as a motion graphic designer and is practicing photography in Dubai and Turkey.He runs between Dubai and Jordan where he works in the broadcast design industry.


Forat Aladhame

Here is his story.
My story with Cosplay photography It was year 2012 in Malaysia, and my classmate, invited me to a cosplay event called, Comic Fiesta. I was amazed not only with the vibrant colours, but the friendly demeanor of the cosplayers. I received a few coscards from them, and I began to pursue cosplay photography. With each cosplay event, it became more important in my life, and I started to join as their panel of media. Personally, I am in love with the vivacious colours and interesting subject matter in this genre. My favourite conventions are Animax , Comic fiesta , Animangaki and VBG anime fiesta . Through all honesty, to have good photograph, one must have a good subject matter. 

I am pretty fussy about the cosplayers I photograph as they need to be visually pleasing, with good make up, and of course, good costume. Though I say that, I do capture pictures of beginners as well to give them positive encouragement to pursue their hobby in the field of cosplay. My favourite thing about being a Cosplay photographer is the ability for me to present my ideas and my vision to the general public visually.

 My advice for the beginners is : theories and online tutorials are not 100% accurate for all situations. In reality, every single photo is taken in different conditions; therefore, the variables will change. To have better understanding and to improve on your photography skills, it is essential to practice a lot in con’s. It is also essential to have originality in your work.


I am pleased to share with you some of Forat's Cosplay Photography work

As you can judge by these before and after photos with his superb editing skills, he is a true master in photography and photo editing.




Can do one b4 and after for me ahhhhh Forat? This shot was taken by him at CICAF. I considered myself lucky and grateful for this shot. My outfit not as "geng" as the rest of the cosplayers......Yeah, I was just trying to blend in.

Here are some of his works for cosplay shoots. A tribute to cosplay photography, I present to you his works! He manages Forat Shot Photography and his photography and editing skills are just amazing.  Tell me in the comments section if you think so too!















Special effects were made to these photographs to showcase Forat's ideas and vision the to the general public visually.

As quoted by him "  I do capture pictures of beginners as well to give them positive encouragement to pursue their hobby in the field of cosplay"

I am so glad to hear that, Forat because seriously I was an amateur then and even now. But you gave me a chance to be one of your photographed subjects.


Me in a Halloween Costume where I first met Forat.

It's not always photopgaphs with edited backgrunds. Forat takes amazing pictures at Cosplay events too. Check it out here!












With the right costume and props, Forat can simply turn these photos into masterpieces!
I can't help but admire all his work of art! He is a true master of digital editing and cosplay photography.

Follow him on his instagram and facebook to view more of his amazing works.
You may contact him via www.foratshot.com

Comments

  1. Forat is a legend in the cosplay community.. His photo was awesome and incredible.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ he was one of the most talented photographer that I have ever see or meet.. A very very friendly and approachable dude.. Extremely willing to part with his knowledge if you got the heart to learn from him ok.. He was a very very good person and I was extremely lucky to have him as my friends ( David cho)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting David. He truly is! I am also lucky to have him as a friend.

      Delete
  2. Hello! What a nice article! *_*
    I'm Nilufer from Turkey, Cosplay designing about 12 years. I must say, Forat is very precious friend for us. He is kind, talented, toughtfull and ok with our all life and language crisis xD
    First met at 2016 with him. He decided to spend a holiday in Istanbul but this is a crazy metropol so I afraid for him. Run and found him at center of city at 06.15 :D Checked everything (his hotel, nearest good food, safe grocery shops, travel card, cellphone managements~) because this city has so many dangers and liars... And When I was sure about everything, we take trips and shoots ���� He is like a brother to me, In winter he'll come again, we're waiting �� I hope everything can be best for him ����

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, thanks for sharing with us. If you are searching Photography Companies in Dubai then contact Emme Films. We provide best and professional photography in Dubai, UAE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this helpful information with us. This post provides all the benefits for choosing web Video as career. I would like to appreciate the writer for writing such an article, which is both informative & entertaining.
    If any one looking for Best Wedding Photographers in Delhi contact us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts